Initiated in 2007, Ride Ataxia has raised invaluable awareness for Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA) and over $3 million in support of FA research grants in just 8 short years! Functioning as a program of the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA), Ride Ataxia offers challenging and family fun bike rides at locations all across the USA. Ride Ataxia started as a crazy idea that is now empowering thousands and changing the outlook on research for a rare, life-shortening disease.
In 2014, Ride Ataxia in Dallas welcomed 625 riders and raised over $135,000! $38,360 of that was raised by Team Kendall which consisted of 25 riders. Ride Ataxia is coming back to the University of North Texas outside of Dallas on Sunday, April 12th for the 5th annual ride in this location. We would love to have you as a part of Team Kendall! For more information about the ride, please visit Team Kendall’s events page.
To DONATE to Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click on the red ‘Donate Now!’ square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. Select or enter the amount you wish to donate and click ‘Donate’
4. Enter your information and hit “Continue’
To RIDE with Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click 'I Agree'
3. Select 'Join a Team'
4. Select 'Team Kendall' and hit 'Continue'
5. Create a Username and Password hit 'Continue'
6. Enter your rider information
7. Select the type of rider you want to be (flat fee or fundraising minimum)
8. Enter your Tshirt size
9. Enter your individual fundraising goal and hit 'Continue'
10. Enter your payment information and hit 'Continue'
11. A "Confirmation" screen will pop up. Verify that the info is correct and hit 'Continue'.
12. This takes you to your personal fundraising page. Customize it however you want.
This year, our goal is to have 30 riders and raise $55,000! Thank you again for your support in helping us reach these goals! If you have any questions, please send us a message or reach out to us on Facebook. Looking forward to April 12th!
To read about Team Kendall's experience at the 2014 ride, check out this blog post.