Initiated by Kyle Bryant in 2007, Ride Ataxia has raised invaluable awareness for Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA) and over $ 2.5 million in support of FA research grants in just 7 short years. Bryant’s inspiration spurs from his diagnosis at age 17 and the discovery that he could travel long distances under his own power on a recumbent tricycle. Fueled by the passion to do more for himself and the FA community, Bryant and his family completed a 2,500 mile bike ride from San Diego to Memphis to raise awareness and funds for FA research.
That was just the beginning of Ride Ataxia. Now functioning as a program of the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA), Ride Ataxia offers challenging and family fun bike rides at locations all across the USA. Ride Ataxia started as a crazy idea that is now empowering thousands and changing the outlook on research for a rare, life-shortening disease. In 2013, Ride Ataxia welcomed 2,150 participants and raised over $ 500,000 for FA research.
Ride Ataxia is coming to the University of North Texas outside of Dallas on March 29th. For more information about the ride, please visit Team Kendall’s events page.
If you are interested in riding on Team Kendall, here are the steps to register:
1. Go here
2. Click 'I Agree'
3. Select 'Join a Team'
4. Select 'Team Kendall' and hit 'Continue'
5. Create a Username and Password hit 'Continue'
6. Enter your rider information
7. Select the type of rider you want to be (flat fee or fundraising minimum)
8. Enter your Tshirt size
9. Enter your individual fundraising goal and hit 'Continue'
10. Enter your payment information and hit 'Continue'
11. A "Confirmation" screen will pop up. Verify that the info is correct and hit 'Continue'.
12. This takes you to your personal fundraising page. Customize it however you want.
If you wish to make a donation to Team Kendall, here is how you can contribute:
1. Go here
2. Click on the red ‘Donate Now!’ square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. Select or enter the amount you wish to donate and click ‘Donate’
4. Enter your information and hit “Continue’
Thank you again for your support! If you have any questions, please send us a message or reach out to us on Facebook. Looking forward to March 29th!