2019 rideATAXIA Information
rideATAXIA is a nation-wide program of bike rides that welcomes people of all abilities to ride, and to raise funds for the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA's) mission to treat and cure Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA) through research. Initiated in 2007, rideATAXIA started as a passion project of my friend and fellow-FA patient, Kyle Bryant. Kyle redefined what was possible in his life when he took up recumbent cycling. He says after training for and completing his first century ride, "I can't even walk down the street, but I rode 100 miles in a day. After that the sky was the limit." Thus, rideATAXIA was born.
rideATAXIA has raised invaluable awareness for FA and over $7 million in support of FA research grants! Functioning as a program of FARA, rideATAXIA events offer an exciting riding atmosphere with friendship, camaraderie, and the opportunity to engage new communities, moving forward together towards treatments and a cure.
In 2018, rideATAXIA in Dallas had another great turnout! The Dallas ride raised over $134,000! $18,465 of that was raised by Team Kendall which consisted of 15 riders. rideATAXIA is coming back to the University of North Texas outside of Dallas on Saturday, April 6th for the 9th time in this location. We would love to have you as a part of Team Kendall! For more information about the ride and to be a part of our 6th ride, keep reading!
To DONATE to Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click on the blue ‘Donate Now!’ square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. Select or enter the amount you wish to donate and click ‘Donate’
4. Enter your information and hit “Continue’
To RIDE with Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click on the blue 'Join Team' square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. If you are new to Team Kendall, select 'Start Registration,' if you participated in previous rideATAXIA events, enter your log-in info
4. Select the type of rider you want to be (flat fee or fundraising minimum)
5. Enter your fundraising goal (aim high!)
6. Enter your registration info
7. Accept the ‘Terms & Conditions’
8. Verify the info
9. Enter your payment information and hit 'Continue'
10. This takes you to your personal fundraising page. Customize it however you want
This year, our goal is to have 30 riders and raise $35,000! Thank you again for your support in helping us reach these goals! If you have any questions, please send us a message or reach out to us on Facebook. Looking forward to April 6th!
To read about Team Kendall's experience at the previous years, check out these blog posts.