2016 rideATAXIA Dallas Information
Initiated in 2007, rideATAXIA has raised invaluable awareness for Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA) and over $3 million in support of FA research grants in just 8 short years! Functioning as a program of the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA), rideATAXIA events offer an exciting riding atmosphere with friendship, camaraderie, and the opportunity to engage new communities, moving forward together towards treatments and a cure.
In 2015, rideATAXIA in Dallas had a great turnout despite a weekend of bad weather. The Dallas ride raised over $141,000! $53,938 of that was raised by Team Kendall which consisted of 27 riders. rideATAXIA is coming back to the University of North Texas outside of Dallas on Saturday, April 9th for the 6th annual ride in this location. We would love to have you as a part of Team Kendall! For more information about the ride, please visit Team Kendall’s events page.
To DONATE to Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click on the blue ‘Donate Now!’ square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. Select or enter the amount you wish to donate and click ‘Donate’
4. Enter your information and hit “Continue’
To RIDE with Team Kendall:
1. Go here
2. Click on the blue 'Join Kendall's Team' square on the right-hand side of the screen
3. If you are new to Team Kendall, select 'Start Registration,' if you participated in previous rideATAXIA events, enter your log-in info
4. Select the type of rider you want to be (flat fee or fundraising minimum)
5. Enter your fundraising goal (aim high!)
6. Enter your registration info
7. Accept the ‘Terms & Conditions’
8. Verify the info
9. Enter your payment information and hit 'Continue'
10. This takes you to your personal fundraising page. Customize it however you want
This year, our goal is to have 30 riders and raise $65,000! Thank you again for your support in helping us reach these goals! If you have any questions, please send us a message or reach out to us on Facebook. Looking forward to April 9th!
To read about Team Kendall's experience at the 2015 ride, check out this blog post.